• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

dusabrive

I just upgraded to Windows 10,  but I can no longer connect to a Wi-Fi Hotspot.  Sometimes the Wi-fi network doesn't even appear in the list;  Other times it does appear but I receive the following message:  "You cannot connect to this network".    I tried updating the network adapter drivers but it still doesn't work.    
I took a usb adapter stick from another device I own and installed it and its software and that works,  but I really want and need to have the built in wi-fi adapter  work.  Can anyone help?

After I tried the usb adapter stick from the other device, I connected to the internet and immediately ran windows update.  Then I checked the status of the driver.  It says it's up to date, so I removed the Netgear adapter and tried connecting with the built-in adapter but is still doesn't work.

If Windows can’t find a new driver for your network adapter, visit the PC manufacturer’s website and download the latest network adapter driver from there. If your PC can't connect to the Internet, you'll need to download a driver on a different PC and save it to a USB flash drive so you can install the driver on your PC. You’ll need to know the PC manufacturer and model name or number.

Archived