OK Sounds good. Windows updates can be very strange. I'm glad the Manual option worked for you. Thanks for your reply. I some times get discouraged when members fail to respond. You done well. Thanks!
Here's a article I created on another help forum about windows updates.
I have found 5 ways to install W10 updates.
1) The preferred way is the automatic update method, but that doesn't always work.
2) You can go to setting and click on Update and Security. Then click on "Check for updates
3) You can go here and click on "Update now". This will give you the update assistant tool.
4) You can also create a media creation tool and give it a try. This is a great tool to have in your desk drawer. It will help you repair and reinstall Windows when issues come up at a latter time.
5) If all the above methods fail you can use the Windows update Catalog to install the updates manually. You should make sure that your computer is compatible and can run W10.
Finally you can also do a clean install, which is the best install of W10 that you will ever get.
PS. Check here to see if your PC can run W10. Here's a good link for getting your PC ready for the updates. I hope this helps someone to successfully install W10 updates.
Here's a link to check if your PC is freezing or locking up when installing the updates
Good luck. I hope you are successful with the updates. They are very important.