• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

SPEECH RECOGNITION

Guest kni

I had shoulder surgery and it is difficult to type so I want to use the speech recognition program in Windows 10 to communicate with my computer for mail, Facebook &etc.  My computer does not have a microphone or video camera.  What do you suggest I get to be able to use this program? My  computer is a 64 bit Hp about 3 years old and a desktop. 

Really any type of headset would work fine. I wouldn't get a cheapo, but something around $50-100. Make sure it connects via USB, though.

Just search Amazon or the Microsoft Store. A lot of them are for gaming and have surround sound and other gimmicks, but a basic one will do.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store?keywords=headset&SiteID=msusa&Locale=en_US&Action=DisplayProductSearchResultsPage&result=&sortby=score%20descending&filters=

Archived