• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

My todays Win update 08/13/2016

ralph blake

My update today really took a long time on one computer, two others it went quickly. On one system i had to sign out and back in to get the bottom bar to respond, could not even shutdown normal had to pull power cord and remove battery to shutdown.

After the signing out and back in all is working again. Other two systems had no problems.

Strange one took a lot of time longer then it ever took before,but two others went quickly. You might have something there with the servers,they might have been many servers updating systems.

Looks like all four computers are working well this morning,so i do feel Microsoft is really trying to make Win10 a great O.S.

There is one small detail with on computer i have to log out and log back in to be able to reach the power and file also other places on screen, after logging out and back in using the Crl/Alt?Delete keys things are working right.

I agree with Ace here and there is no question in my mind that Windows 7 is the best OS Microsoft has ever produced.

That's not to say that Windows 10 long run may well surpass it. Up until last weekend they were doing well but now we have Windows 10 systems hanging everywhere stuck with Windows updates at 45-49%. There seems no end to the issues.

I had one and I went to try the Windows Update Catalog and by jove that fixed the problem and completed the updates.

Well I happen to be in that situation owning a VW Diesel 2015 Jetta that is now all but dead to me.

The buyback from VW is a fraud, they will pay for the fix by taking back the money they give you as a fine or pay you too little for the car

which you have to take knowing the longer you wait the more worthless the vehicle will become as VW is ending diesel production for now.

The government and VW should be ashamed of themselves and the owner takes it straight up the Ass as expected.

21 hours ago, Rich-M said:

I agree with Ace here and there is no question in my mind that Windows 7 is the best OS Microsoft has ever produced.

That's not to say that Windows 10 long run may well surpass it. Up until last weekend they were doing well but now we have Windows 10 systems hanging everywhere stuck with Windows updates at 45-49%. There seems no end to the issues.

I had one and I went to try the Windows Update Catalog and by jove that fixed the problem and completed the updates.

@Rich-M It took exceptionally long for me as well.

If you add the two together it still does not equal the real price on Sept 2015 in many cases and after all what is the appeal.What was announced was $5000-10000 initial payment and then value of car as of Sept 2015. I have a 2015 and what I show offered is 3475 + 20,000 buy back price. So where is $5000-10,000 initial add both and you get the price Sept 2015. My daughter has a 2012 Diesel Passat and same story....under $4000 cash which can be applied to having the repair done to their hoax software for about that price or $4000 +$12000 and her vehicle was worth $16,000 Sept 2015. Total screw job by gov't and VW.If you don't like the deal there is no one to appeal to. Great Job VW for themselves....crime can pay!

Archived