• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

Edge Improved With Anniversary Update??

holdum333

Hi There! Edge is supposed to be improved with the anniversary update. I haven't updated yet, but here's what !  @adacosta has to say about the update in a blog.

I'm wondering if anyone has noticed a difference in Edge after the anniversary update! Surely someone here has a comment about this!;)

http://www.groovypost.com/howto/walkthrough-list-of-the-usability-improvements-in-microsoft-edge-in-windows-10-anniversary-update/

PS This is not my first rodeo @Steve K.:ph34r:xD. I can't post on your blog @adacosta but very nice my friend!

On 8/19/2016 at 0:48 PM, adacosta said:

I have been using it a bit more, but I can't break the bad habit that is Internet Explorer.

Well... I wouldn't call it a bad habit, just a habit. ;)

Personally, I use Chrome. It has all the plugins I need and it works. Don't really need an alternative until Edge can not only match Google but also give me something new. If I worked for Microsoft fine, I would use it but I don't. I'm a customer. :)

6 hours ago, Rich-M said:

Well it now seems to have some extensions such as Last Pass, Adblock Plus and it can import Favorites or Bookmarks but it still seems so limited

in what it offers you. Having removed it from taskbar I had a tough time finding it to open it.

I am still having some performance and usability issues with it. I notice when I have a set of tabs open, my laptop fan goes into overdrive. Also, the interface needs to be a bit slimmer, too chunky. Overall, it is improving especially in such a short space of time. I hope some features like Favicons, Live Thumb Nail Previews, a much saner Settings interface ala Firefox/Chrome is implemented. Easier ways to repair or reinstall the browser.

1 hour ago, Vadim said:

Well... I wouldn't call it a bad habit, just a habit. ;)

Personally, I use Chrome. It has all the plugins I need and it works. Don't really need an alternative until Edge can not only match Google but also give me something new. If I worked for Microsoft fine, I would use it but I don't. I'm a customer. :)

Chrome is a resource hog, my alternative browser on this system is Firefox, works great. Chrome was great when it just launched, but it needs to slim down.

6 hours ago, Rich-M said:

Well it now seems to have some extensions such as Last Pass, Adblock Plus and it can import Favorites or Bookmarks but it still seems so limited

in what it offers you. Having removed it from taskbar I had a tough time finding it to open it.

Look under Start > All Apps > the letter "M"

Well now I have to have a good laugh at myself....I use Classic Shell and will continue to do so but that start menu does not have Edge on it and in looking at the original start menu I never noticed the scroll ability and Microsoft Edge is on that one. Shame on me for never giving the original Start Menu a chance!

Archived