• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

The last of my four computers have Windows 10 installed.

I waited with one computer running win7, as i watched my three other systems with windows 10,  and really wanted to be sure i had one older system to fall back on if the others failed to stay working.

I admit the first few Months with Win10 were anything but great, many problem with my installed programs, but after a bunch windows 10 upgrades, things started to work much better.

My last Win7 system an older HP was a tough  upgrade, as i kept getting a failed to install message, i think i retried about 15 times over the Month, kept seeing that time running out before July 29 message.

Last night when i fired up the old HP, i saw a black screen and a string of letters then something in regards to the register,then  i again saw a normal screen and again it asking me if i wished to install Win10.

I clicked yes and it began to download Win10, about an hour later it started installing win10. another hour and Win10 was installed and running.

Today i started testing my new Win10 HP computer and am happy to say all so far is good.

So i now feel Win10 is the best Windows that Microsoft has Engineered, and i feel it will be around a long time.

Great post @ralph blake  I'm really happy to hear about  your success with W10. I also agree with you that W10 is the best OS that MS has engineered. I feel like it will only get better. I'm waiting for the anniversary upgrade next month. Here's how I advise PC users to handle these upgrades. Learn how to use a 3rd party back up program, and always create a image of your operating system before ever making major changes to your PC. That way you can always roll back if your not happy or have problems.

PS Once you have the entitled W10, you can do as many clean installs as you want. If you're having major problems you can't fix; you save your data and perform a clean install. W10 has many ways of dealing with problems. I like W10 a lot;)

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your great post!

Being one of the still living humans who were the first to have a Windows OP System, on their computer, i bought my Gateway 486 with the first Windows.

Can't tell you how many of my friends at work told me,"you are making a BIG mistake" better stick with the tried and true DOS.

Sadly they sure were right. i had so many problems with that first Windows.

But over a Loooong time and many other Windows, some good some not so good and a few really BAD, things started improving.

They had to just about had to force XP off my computers, but Win7 worked then 8 and it's upgrade now Win10.

Been a long trip but it looks like we now have a good Windows.

16 hours ago, ralph blake said:

Agreed @ralph blake. I just loved Windows 7. Windows 8 was... meh.... but 8.1 was solid. Had I not been a long-time reader of groovypost, I probably would have not upgraded to Windows 10 but now that it's done, I love it. Best of Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 if you ask me!

Never ran W8.1, but from all that I have heard, I agree that W10 is the best of W7 and W8.

I'm thinking that W10 will even get better in the future; and I'm anxiously  waiting the  anniversary addition next month! Hoping there aren't to many problems for W10 users and hoping the update goes smoothy.;) Fingers crossed! I'm not a long time reader of groovypost, but I have become a big fan of groovypost lately and I invite you to join me.

Technology News, Tips, Reviews, and How To Galleries

PS  @ShockerSH;) I'm now a big fan of groovypost also and this forum as well! Also I invite everyone to subscribe to the news letter for the latest blogs.

http://www.groovypost.com/emailsub/

My own compters are all Windows 7 and I have a Windows 8 laptop.

My project over the next few weeks will be buying Windows 10 and getting my number 2 desktop setup on that, Free Upgrades and trying to do clean installs didn't

cut it for me as I think I just have too much software and also have a server environment on them to run right and I had nothing but issues that way, I was waiting for Aug 2 Upgrade to buy and install normally on one system.as we always did. I have been selling units with 10 on them for months without issues I think because they are simple pcs is all.

20 hours ago, ShockerSH said:

Agreed @ralph blake. I just loved Windows 7. Windows 8 was... meh.... but 8.1 was solid. Had I not been a long-time reader of groovypost, I probably would have not upgraded to Windows 10 but now that it's done, I love it. Best of Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 if you ask me!

Got to agree, Windows 10 is great and cant see what all the agro is about with it. Yes the pre release version was a bit of a let down, but the final product is excellent. As per ShockerSH, Ive got a laptop with 8.1 and that also is quite nice and solid. Should have gone the update path with it too but missed the free boat because I am slack. My wife wouldn't let me clean install 10 on her perfectly capable Windows 7 desktop citing her lack of patience getting used to 7 after using XP, you know happy wife happy life. 

2 hours ago, gus said:

Got to agree, Windows 10 is great and cant see what all the agro is about with it. Yes the pre release version was a bit of a let down, but the final product is excellent. As per ShockerSH, Ive got a laptop with 8.1 and that also is quite nice and solid. Should have gone the update path with it too but missed the free boat because I am slack. My wife wouldn't let me clean install 10 on her perfectly capable Windows 7 desktop citing her lack of patience getting used to 7 after using XP, you know happy wife happy life. 

My Wife is the same,Gus. She loves her Windows7on her two computers.

If I mention Windows10, her eyes go beady and she says "If you touch my computers with Windows10,your *&$%%^&& clothes will be on the front lawn".

I like a happy Wife.:)

1 hour ago, holdum333 said:

Hey! @Profiler Thanks for your post. Knowing you, I'm sure you created a back image before installing the anniversary update.

Are you going to stay with the Anniversary update or roll back. Can you tell us a little more about less options to set!

What do you think MS is up to with this anniversary update??

I always have backups,Gary. Always have done.

There is already plenty to read on the Net about the Anniversary update from the major sites.

A number of options are still there, but they no longer work. They have been patched so they don't work.

On 7/29/2016 at 9:56 AM, allheart55 (Cindy E) said:

I have to confess, I am usually one of the first to hop onto a new Windows OS but I struggled with adopting Windows 10 as my primary operating system.

Now that I've been using 10 on my main box, for the past few months, I have come to love it.

Being one of the still living humans who were the first to have a Windows OP System, on their computer, i bought my Gateway 486 with the first Windows.

Can't tell you how many of my friends at work told me,"you are making a BIG mistake" better stick with the tried and true DOS.

Sadly they sure were right. i had so many problems with that first Windows.

But over a Loooong time and many other Windows, some good some not so good and a few really BAD, things started improving.

They had to just about had to force XP off my computers, but Win7 worked then 8 and it's upgrade now Win10.

For many it might be better to just buy a new computer with Win10, i was talking to a guy who still was using Vista,said he never got asked to upgrade to Win10.

Told him only Win7 up got a notice for a free upgrade, his system must be over five years old, so getting a new computer might be his best choice.

Archived