• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

Working Packard Bell after update nothing

After a lot of reminders, updates are ready for your computer, quite a few updated and installed. 1703 I think it was, failed to install. Over a period of weeks I tried to down load it umpteen time. Always without success. Last week my wive closed the  computer down as usual. Two to 2 hours later she remembered something and she had to start the unit up again

On the screen was a lot of technical writing. I tried all permutation but no luck . I decided to  the best thing would be do use all 5 recovery discs,  after all the discs were used the message on the screen was, THERE IS A PROBLEM ON THE COMPUTER,  COMPUTER COULD NOT BE RECOVERED  ( words to that effect ) so I tried the Recovery stick this time 32GB  exactly the same 

A useable computer was used for app. 2 hours  shut down for app. 2 hours  and on staring up discovered all we have now is a useless black box.

Has anybody out there experienced anything like it and more to the point can it be repaired? The unit is mainly almost only used for email with friends and family abroad.

Any suggestion would be very much appreciated 

Thanks

Eric 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived