• Welcome to Windows10Forum.com, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers. Using this forum is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

Click here to Register a free account now and JOIN the discussion!

hugo

User update control in windows 10 (Feature Request)

Hi,

I would like to fink out if it is possible to control when updates are downloaded in windows 10. I know there is some control to schedule update times, but I'm specifically referring to downloading. In South Africa, Internet costs are quite high, so being able to schedule a download to only happen between midnight and 6am, would be SUPER great!!!! Up to now, Windows 10 is great, but this would really help a lot of people.

On a second note, adding  a "Install now" feature would also be great considering the latest bug which could delete files, this would give users time to backup, or completely ignore the update.

If this doesn't exist, is there any way of sending this request to Microsoft? And will they even consider it or give feedback?

Thanks

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By hughgee
      Why did the latest update take so long? Its was as if the entire codebase for win 10 was being re-deployed?
    • By Erich Crombie
      After a lot of reminders, updates are ready for your computer, quite a few updated and installed. 1703 I think it was, failed to install. Over a period of weeks I tried to down load it umpteen time. Always without success. Last week my wive closed the  computer down as usual. Two to 2 hours later she remembered something and she had to start the unit up again
      On the screen was a lot of technical writing. I tried all permutation but no luck . I decided to  the best thing would be do use all 5 recovery discs,  after all the discs were used the message on the screen was, THERE IS A PROBLEM ON THE COMPUTER,  COMPUTER COULD NOT BE RECOVERED  ( words to that effect ) so I tried the Recovery stick this time 32GB  exactly the same 
      A useable computer was used for app. 2 hours  shut down for app. 2 hours  and on staring up discovered all we have now is a useless black box.
      Has anybody out there experienced anything like it and more to the point can it be repaired? The unit is mainly almost only used for email with friends and family abroad.
      Any suggestion would be very much appreciated 
      Thanks
      Eric 
    • By adnan.qureshi
      Dear All 

hope to find you in best of health,

i am facing 2 issues after updating major update of windows 10 in June 2017 .

actually when i updated the system and after final reboot laptop stuck at startup with black desktop window, after trying so many fix i was unable to complete to properly load desktop always stuck at black screen after login.
      then i perform the windows reset option to remove all the application and settings which worked for me. but after this i am facing this 2 issues. 

1. No list available of wifi network Screen shot attached.

i am able to connect to the known network which i previously used and saved in my computer but if i click on show available network it remains empty. even i reinstall all the drivers, restart the wifi autoconfig service. reset my network settings but still nothing work for me.

2. application searching not possible.

when ever i click start button and start typing for the software like paint word or excel nothing appear, i waited for more than an hour, but computer keep on searching. even i reset the index settings. screen shot attached.

only option was left for me to install a clean windows.

Thank you so much in advance

• By Rajesh Ramtere
      My application which is in Startup folder is not started after restarting the computer. I find some solutions on internet like 
      1. Hkey_Local_Machine\ Software\ Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Policies\ System\ Set EnableLUA to 0 (See at right side - By Default it is set to 1)
      2. Set User Access Control settings to lowest level

When i do this settings, my application which is in start up folder, application runs when machine restarts every time.. But this setting inhibit the operation of some MS programs like MS-Edge, Photo-Viewer, Skype Video etc. Resetting to default "1" and restart PC would resolved it. We need to look for better solution to this "security measure" by later Windows version.. Please guide me with better solution
    • By Rajesh Ramtere
      My application which is in Startup folder is not started after restarting the computer. I find some solutions on internet like
      1. Hkey_Local_Machine\ Software\ Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Policies\ System\ Set EnableLUA to 0 (See at right side - By Default it is set to 1)
      2. Set User Access Control settings to lowest level

When i do this settings, my application which is in start up folder, application runs when machine restarts every time.. But this setting inhibit the operation of some MS programs like MS-Edge, Photo-Viewer, Skype Video etc. Resetting to default "1" and restart PC would resolved it. We need to look for better solution to this "security measure" by later Windows version.. Please guide me with better solution 
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online