• Welcome to Windows10Forum.com, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers. Using this forum is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

Click here to Register a free account now and JOIN the discussion!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
holdum333

How to Repair an install of Windows 10

5 posts in this topic

You can also do a repair install of Windows 10 by performing an in-place upgrade without losing anything other than all installed Windows Updates.

This tutorial will show you how to do a repair install of Windows 10 by performing an in-place upgrade without losing anything.

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to do a repair install of Windows 10.

You will only be able to do a repair install of Windows 10 from within Windows 10. You will not be able to do a repair install at boot or in Safe Mode.

You will need at least around 8.87 GB + what Windows is currently using of free space available on the Windows drive.

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.html

Edited by holdum333

Hi! You're very welcome. I'm glad it worked for you. Why did you you do a in place- repair-upgrade? Would like to hear more details if you care to share with us!

Welcome to the forum!;)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By Norwen
      It keeps repeating,  this is the  fourth time already from 100% it goes back to 0%
      Is this normal or it means it has a problem? 

• By sphiller
      Hi, 

I purchased a NUC for our home / i7 / 16GB RAM. Wife is a Professor at a local University so purchased Win 10 Education through the school. Created ISO, installed and it hung twice at black screen with mouse cursor. Did a hard re-boot and got to Windows signon screen both times but there is only a Guest account an no local account. 

Tried signing in with my O365 account - but get the We are unable to connect right now. Please check your network and try again later". "despite having LAN and/Or Wireless connectivity. 

I'm wondering if this is related to the Guest account issue and caused because the Education version doesn't allow a local or O365 user. 
      Tried fresh install again but never getting the create local account screens. System appears installed but cannot access as can't sign on. 

Suggestions? 
    • By kendra
      Hello, I'm using windows 10 and have been having an internet connectivity problem (there's a yellow triangle for my Ethernet and wireless connection and it states Internet -secured, no internet). When I access websites, it states "DNS probe finished, no internet connection". I've tried the following and nothing's worked:

ipconfig /release
      ipconfig /all
      ipconfig /flushdns
      ipconfig /renew

netsh winsock reset.

and fully reset my computer (Where It resets to factory settings). I have a feeling there's an issue with the modem, but I'm not sure what I can do on my end. When I diagnose the local connection (wifi), it states ipv4 and ipv6 have no internet connectivity. And on the modem itself dsl and wlan are solid green.

Please let me know if there's anything that I can do on my end.

SSID: FRITZ!Box 7560 BG
      Protocol: 802.11n
      Security type: WPA2-Personal
      Network band: 2.4 GHz
      Network channel: 1
      IPv6 address: fd00::30cd:6af3:3ac8:df8e
      IPv4 address: 192.168.178.21
      Manufacturer: Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
      Description: Network Controller
      Driver version: 2023.42.831.2016
      Physical address (MAC): ‎40-B8-9A-70-C3-08

• By seanboy50
      I have a customized Windows 10 image built using audit mode (using the copyprofile true option in the sysprep file). The image deploys as expected, and every user has the same default profile that I configured on the image. My question is this: How, post deployment, can I now create a local account that can be used to update the default profile on the fly. In other words, if I want to make a change to the default account and have it propagate to all users who log in afterwards, how do I do it?

To give some context here, I have been able to do this on my Windows 7 images (created using the same method), by doing the following:

1. I create a local user. e.g. pcadmin
      2. I login as that user to create the home folder/registry settings etc
      3. I can then open the registry and go to HKLM\software\microsoft\windows nt\current version\profile list
      4. I find the key for my new local account and then update the path to c:\users\default
      5. I restart, and when I login as the new local account, I am mapped to c:\users\default. From that point forward, any changes I make in this account (desktop icons, browsers, shortcuts etc), are made to the default account, so every user who logs in afterwards will reap the results of my changes.

Obviously I have tried the above method in Windows 10, but it doesn't seem to work for me despite many attempts. Upon changing the path in the registry, any login attempt automatically signs out immediately. Is there another way to achieve what I want in Windows 10 Professional? Or can anyone verify that this should work?

Thanks for any help you can give!
    • By D. Preston Peek
      I have an HP Spectre x360. It came with Windows 10 pre-installed, it has a SSD drive, does not use Realtek drivers, and takes, on average, 15 minutes to load. Can anyone please tell me what's wrong? This is an ongoing problem and I do not want to wipe the drive. 

Thanks
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online