• Welcome to Windows10Forum.com, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers. Using this forum is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

Click here to Register a free account now and JOIN the discussion!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
holdum333

How to Repair an install of Windows 10

5 posts in this topic

You can also do a repair install of Windows 10 by performing an in-place upgrade without losing anything other than all installed Windows Updates.

This tutorial will show you how to do a repair install of Windows 10 by performing an in-place upgrade without losing anything.

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to do a repair install of Windows 10.

You will only be able to do a repair install of Windows 10 from within Windows 10. You will not be able to do a repair install at boot or in Safe Mode.

You will need at least around 8.87 GB + what Windows is currently using of free space available on the Windows drive.

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.html

Edited by holdum333

Hi! You're very welcome. I'm glad it worked for you. Why did you you do a in place- repair-upgrade? Would like to hear more details if you care to share with us!

Welcome to the forum!;)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By Kevin Dts
      I'm now facing an annoying issue with the svchost.exe (netsvcs) process in Task Manager. It's currently using a lot of my computer resource, the CPU.
      I can't kill it because my computer won't let me do so from Task Manager.
      What do I need to do in order to fix this error? 
    • By Nils Kimman
      Hey everyone,
      Last year I performed a free upgrade from windows 8 to windows 10, and yesterday I got a SSD drive and I thought this would've been a good opportunity to clean install my windows on the ssd. But before I did the clean install I wrote down the product key found in the "my pc" properties, but that one only had 20 digits instead of 25. So I installed Produkey to find the product key and it did give me a 25 digit key, but now when I try to activate windows 10 it doesn't work: the product key isn't valid. Could this be the product key for my old windows 8? And why did the windows 10 product key only have 20 digits?
      Thanks in advance,
      Nils
    • By Nova Vishy
      Hi all, so I've been having this problem since the 11th of August. I upgraded to the anniversary build of windows and after the installation, I couldn't access settings, cortana, other windows apps and some third party programs. SFC scan and DISM doesn't work, my restore points got deleted after the upgrade, reverting back to previous build doesn't work, re-installing apps via powershell doesn't work, creating new account won't work, and the media creation tool just gets stuck on "restarting your computer in a moment" for 10+ hours. Can anyone offer any insight on to why this might be happening?
    • By dusabrive
      I just upgraded to Windows 10,  but I can no longer connect to a Wi-Fi Hotspot.  Sometimes the Wi-fi network doesn't even appear in the list;  Other times it does appear but I receive the following message:  "You cannot connect to this network".    I tried updating the network adapter drivers but it still doesn't work.    
      I took a usb adapter stick from another device I own and installed it and its software and that works,  but I really want and need to have the built in wi-fi adapter  work.  Can anyone help?
    • By holdum333
      "When it comes to hidden gems in Windows, nothing beats the Reliability monitor tool, hidden behind a link inside of another tool that you don’t use either. Why Microsoft doesn’t shine more light on this really useful troubleshooting tool, we’ll never know.
      Reliability Monitor tracks the history of your computer — any time an application crashes, hangs, or Windows gives you a blue screen of death. It also tracks other important events, like when software is installed, or Windows Updates loads a new patch." HTG
      Mine doesn't look to good, but I know what happened!
      http://www.groovypost.com/howto/microsoft/windows-7-reliability-history-tool-diagnose-issues/

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 24 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online