• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

Windows 10 Day: Share Your Experiences!

Brian Burgess

By the way, if you're reading this on Tuesday, check out our article on Microsoft rolling out the Windows 10 bits to reserved PCs and how to find if you have it:

http://www.groovypost.com/news/windows-10-preloading-today-reserved-pc-check-for-bits/

Yeah my box has the bits if that's what's going on. That's pretty smart if you think about it. Rather than have a huge rush on the bits for Windows 10, they have been pushing it out to the globe over the last month.

You think that's what they are doing?

So far:

> My audio drivers screwed up and after a number of reinstalls and reboots I managed to get them working again.

> Photoshop doesn't seem to work for me and that's a BIG problem.

Oh, and I'm also pretty disappointed that Cortana isn't available in my country.

I hope we get some more updates/fixes soon enough...

Guest Paulhogan

It would seem the reason I could not see anything happening, is because it had already happened. I copied the following from Windows Blogging, Thank you to our Windows Insiders for helping us build Windows 10. If you’re a Windows Insider and running build 10240 – you already have the Windows 10 we are making available today.

Guest Paulhogan

When would be the best time to do a clean install now? The only problem I have with the system is, I cannot remove or rename folders in the favorites, or add websites to some..

Guest AnijE

Upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1. Now I can't log in. It won't recognize my password for my Microsoft Account. I've restarted the laptop 12 times and changed the password at account.live.com/password.reset 3 times now. All my other devices recognized the password. My laptop does not. As of right now, Windows 10 is the worst thing EVER!

Guest marjiea1

I am not impressed. The store app crashes, has never worked. The DVD app doesn't recognize that I put a DVD in the drive for a long time and I can't choose to read DVD format from the hard drive. The DVD app has a CC button but doesn't show captions anyway (only subtitles chosen from the disc menu.) The Movies and TV app plays my wtv files but again does not decode/display the subtitles (neither does Windows Media Player but it didn't in Win 7 either.) I can't right click and convert to dvr-ms like I could in Win 7 to see if those would work. Edge doesn't have any add-ons so I can't use a password manager plug-in with it, which makes it useless. I had to use the password manager on my other machine to get back into my Windows 10 machine because it wasn't made clear that when I logged in to my MS account that it would also change my machine's login password (sorry but I can't remember a 12 digit password with special characters, caps and numbers too) but at least it didn't ask me for 2-step authentication at the login screen. I'm supposed to be able to customize the start screen but it doesn't let me add any of my self-defined libraries (such as Recorded TV) to the left side of the start menu along with Document, Pictures, etc. I can put them in file explorer but that adds another step. When I right click on the start menu nothing happens. When I right click on the taskbar for properties it only has settings for the taskbar even though it says Taskbar and Start Menu properties. The upgrade trashed my anti-virus program and all of my media processing programs so I can't convert the formats I have to see if I can get captions to show up on anything, Cortana is unusable with my built in microphone. I dislike the All Apps being alphabetized, I'd like to use my own folder organization instead. I think it takes way too many steps, plus a login and an internet connection to play a game of solitaire. Groove music doesn't show lyrics embedded in the mp3 playing and I can find no way to set this up, it still works in Windows Media Player though. I knew Media Center would be gone, so was planning to go with Kodi, now I'm thinking I won't bother and just go back to Windows 7. Windows 10 runs slower than windows 7 on the same machine too.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest PeterJohn

Finding RUN, COMMAND and many other helpers, its simply in Windows 10, just right click on the bottom left corner Windows Icon and you have everything you need.

• 2 weeks later...
''dw96'' said that his Photoshop didn't work anymore in Windows 10. This scares me since I have just purchased Photoshop !

I think he actually reinstalled it and it worked again. But I'm not totally sure. Plus, he is having other issues with Windows 10.

I recommend you keep an eye on his articles on the gP site: http://www.groovypost.com/howto/author/dw96/

And if you need to helpful tips, tricks, and how to guides..he has a bunch of them here:

http://www.groovypost.com/tags/photoshop/

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jpreston43

I had a terrible experience with Windows 10....after installing it my roommate's name came up under my photo (he has 8 and has hated it ever since he put it on his machine. Never knows how to log on). I knew something was wrong and so I rebooted. When it came back up it asked me to log in. I have never logged into my refrigerator, my hot water heater, my toaster, my electric tooth brush, or any other APPLIANCE in my home. Why should I have to log into this one? So I immediately took my HP Touchscreen back to the Geek Squad and had it returned to 7.0...

• 3 months later...

I really like Windows 10 but as far as I am concerned Microsoft should have delayed releasing it until it was a bit more ready. We dont have cortana and I'm not so keen to switch everything over to English so I can play with it and I had to take myself off the fast ring as every build that was pushed out seemed to break the language packs, at one point it claimed English was installed but wouldnt or couldnt switch to the language.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived