• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

One Way Sync - Backup/Sync iPhone Photos to Microsoft Onedrive

Steve K.

This week @adacosta wrote up a nice tip on How to Upload your iPhone/iPad Camera Roll to OneDrive. Mike, one of our readers was having issues:

Mike's Comment - 

I would like to delete the camera roll pictures, but maintain their existence on One Drive. Do I need to create another folder and move them there? I am close to my storage limit on my iPhone.

After a quick conversation, it turns out Mike was deleting photos from the OneDrive App vs. the Native Photos app on his iPhone. So -- just wanted to remind everyone that the OneDrive Sync is "One" direction. In other words, the photos will sync from iPhone -> Onedrive but not the other direction. 

This is important because if you're like me, I use the process outlined by Andre to ensure all my iOS devices are backed up and protected on OneDrive -- just incase I lose my phone or delete the photos by accident or run out of HD space on the iPhone or iPad and need to delete the photos quickly.

Questions? Does anyone else use the Camera Upload feature of OneDrive on your mobile?

-S

Archived