• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

New post tab - Site Suggestion

bassfisher6522

Heya @bassfisher6522 Welcome to the forum. I hear what you're saying. The first thing I do when I log on to the forum is click on "Online Users"  Then my next click is "activity"

It's not the same as "new posts" but it works similar. It shows all the posts that are made daily and hourly. I rarely ever click on "unread tab" Once you read the post , they go from dark to light so you can see that you read them before!

I'm sure @Steve K. will read your suggestion and respond!

PS I have seen you post on other help forums and I'm sure you will be a big asset here. Welcome to the forum!

3 hours ago, bassfisher6522 said:

Can we get a tab on the home page for "new posts"

Welcome to the site @bassfisher6522 - that's a great point. I've actually been meaning to create a default menu item for that. 

I think I captured what you're looking for and created it in the default menu.

newpost.jpg

The search will pull up:

1. New Posts since Last Visit
  2. Include Unread Posts Only
  3. Include Topics, Blog Posts, Articles

For now, I've placed it in the Activity menu. I welcome feedback on that.

Also, note that under that Activity menu item, you have a My Activity section where you can create custom searches also. Pretty simple yet powerful. 

Archived