• Welcome to Windows10Forum.com, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers. Using this forum is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

Click here to Register a free account now and JOIN the discussion!

holdum333

Get a free PC if MS can't upgrade you to W10

For users experiencing difficulty upgrading to Windows 10, Microsoft is providing its Answers Desk experts to help you through the process. If Microsoft can’t upgrade your PC by close of business, you’ll get a free Dell Inspiron 15.

http://www.groovypost.com/news/microsoft-answer-desk-help-upgrade-windows-10-free-dell-computer/

News from groovypost. MS offering free PC if they can't upgrade you to W10.

Can this be true?? MS must be desperate to get all PC users on W10! Can someone check this out and see if this is for real?

Yup - As mentioned in the article, however, you need to read the fine print. Looks like it's also US & Canada only (for now). And you need to show-up at a reasonable hour vs. 10 minutes before End of day. ;)

Here's the "Fine Print"

*Offer valid from June 27, 2016 to July 29, 2016, while supplies last. Available only in Microsoft retail store in US (including Puerto Rico), and Canada.  Free PC offer only valid for customers that have (1) one eligible PC that meets Window 10 upgrade requirements, (2) the eligible PC must be checked into the Answer Desk at participating retail store before 12 noon local time, and (3) the participating retail store cannot complete a customer's Windows 10 upgrade on an eligible PC within the same business day during regular store hours. Microsoft reserves the right to select the free device that will be provided to eligible customers. Offer not valid at specialty stores; other limits and exclusions may apply.  Not valid on prior orders or purchases; cannot be transferred or otherwise redeemed for cash or coupon code(s). May not be combinable with other offers. Refunds will take into account the discount. Price discount does not include taxes, shipping or other fees. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Microsoft reserves the right to modify or discontinue offers at any time. Limit of 1 offer per customer, per device/PC. 

• Upvote 1

Wow! Who can understand all that crap?? Sounds more like a promotional scam to me! Thanks for the update @Steve  that's a lot of fine print and you posted it pretty fine. I had to use my CTRL + to read your post LOL!

Edited by holdum333

I think the catch is "Microsoft Stores" where it must be done. I just looked at Pa and there are 2 stores in the entire state so this really is

limited only to a small % of the population.

Hi! That's not many stories for Pa. Also I doubt if many people will even be made aware of the offer from MS. There seem to be several stores in Oklahoma.

Time is running out, so I doubt if MS gets many takers. MS sure wants everyone to up grade!