• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

Microsoft Launched Latest Win 10 Anniversary Build Over the Weekend

Brian Burgess

I sure hope they finally fix this version. The other day I took my last desktop back to Windows 7 as I could not take the issues any more with Windows 10.

I have been hoping that the paid version available after this "FREE" period ends will solve all the issues I have seen. Power lights staying on after shutdown requiring holding the power button off 4 seconds before trying to start system, internet dropping in about 45 minutes requiring restart, video freezes, and various other issues I just could not fix. I tried changing motherboard, bios flashes and finally clean install and finally gave up and installed Windows 7 and this unit is now fine and super fast the way it was when I first built it in January.

1 hour ago, Rich-M said:

I sure hope they finally fix this version. The other day I took my last desktop back to Windows 7 as I could not take the issues any more with Windows 10.

I have been hoping that the paid version available after this "FREE" period ends will solve all the issues I have seen. Power lights staying on after shutdown requiring holding the power button off 4 seconds before trying to start system, internet dropping in about 45 minutes requiring restart, video freezes, and various other issues I just could not fix. I tried changing motherboard, bios flashes and finally clean install and finally gave up and installed Windows 7 and this unit is now fine and super fast the way it was when I first built it in January.

Hi! @Rich-M What are you referring to when you say " I have been hoping that the paid version available after this "FREE" period ends will solve all the issues I have seen." I have helped several seniors here in my retirement village upgrade to W10. I only had a problem with one PC. I had to take it back to factory before it would upgrade to W10.

I have not seen any of the issues you say you are having! If your happy with W7, then that's what you should use. You will have 4 more years of support for W7. Who knows what will happen between now and 2020.LOL

Hi @Rich-M Here's a good read for you about W10! Not all PCs will be compatible for the free upgrade. Here's a link by Shawn that has a lot of good information before you upgrade to W10. The time is growing short for you to decide to make the free upgrade. After the end of July, W10 will cost you!

The anniversary update is scheduled August 2. I hope it goes smoothly, but I'm sure there will be a few bugs!

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6728-get-windows-10-app-check-compatibility-report-windows-10-a.html

I don't care about cost as I am used to paying for software I use. What I was referring to Gary is that the RC for Windows Vista when the final Windows Vista was released for some unknown reason had tons of hardware driver issues not present in the RC and fixed by the first SP1. I am hoping the same is actually true for Windows 10 because like it or not it is here to stay if one wants to remain with Windows after 2020 when Windows 7 support officially ends. Windows 10 was replete with video driver issues we knew about and many hardware companies failed to provide solutions for those but I also believe there are other hardware driver issues no one is talking about because many units I have seen showed compatible when tested for Windows 10 but for one reason or other were actually not and that reminds me of the dawn of Vista is all. Not "Gospel" just a hunch is all on my part for which I have little real justification though I see about 10-12 pcs on the average a week and almost all that have undergone Upgrade to Windows 10 have faced. Again I am not saying anything bad about Windows 10, but simply the Upgrade process which most of us know seldom has worked right in the past.

Hey @Rich-M Here you go free computers for you and your 10-12 customers a week. You must have a really good business Rich!

I'm wondering what @Steve  and @Brian have to say about all this. Maybe they will comment.

Here's offer for a free computer if MS can't update your PC to W10!

http://www.groovypost.com/news/microsoft-answer-desk-help-upgrade-windows-10-free-dell-computer/

Archived