• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

Windows Live Mail fails to display images

tallboy

Recently my Windows Live Mail has stopped displaying some message images. Whether this is a result of changes made by the last batch of Windows 10 updates, I'm not sure - it could be.  Most images (I think those that are embedded within the HTML) display OK, but other ones (presumably jpg's) simply display as as 'place holders' with a x in the corner. I have checked WLM settings to ensure that it says display images (which it does) but somewhere something is stopping them from displaying. If any one knows where else I should be looking for a 'blocking function' please let me know.

I run the 64-bit version of Windows 10 and use Kaspersky Total Security AV with SurfRight HitManPro and Malwarebytes Anti-malware running in the background. I ocassionally run Superantispyware Professional and Winzip Malware Protector, but these only run when I select them.

My guess is your antivirus software has something to do with it. In fact, you're running too much security software. When you have multiple antivirus and antimalware apps running concurrently, it breaks apps from running properly. 

Windows 10 has Windows Defender built-in that protects your computer from Viruses and other malicious software. So that could be conflicting with the other security programs, too.

Have you gone through Kaspersky or the other security programs to see if there is an option to turn images on or off?

Another thing you can do is uninstall one security program at a time and see if it fixes the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived