• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

Windows 10 startup programs not starting up on boot

I noticed that the startup programs are not loading up when booting the PC. I disabled fast boot and it got fixed. But now the boot time is significantly higher!!!

Is there any way to have both? Startup programs and Fast Boot? That would be so nice to have...

• 11 months later...

Hi there! Old thread, but hears a new freeware from MBAM that will help you take out the guessing of which programs to disable on start up! It worked well for me!

By disabling or removing unnecessary entries, StartUpLITE can dramatically shorten your startup time with just a few clicks of the mouse. Stop waiting and start computing.

https://www.malwarebytes.com/startuplite/

And there is an old program called Win Patrol that will allow you to disable or remove all unneeded startup entries as well as some registry entries and attempts to change your home page by Malware. There is a fully functional free version and paid will allow you to go to a special website where they will tell you what the item is and amount of system drag and whether or not is is necessary to startup for one low lifetime fee if you prefer. One of the other things I like about Win patrol is no need to reboot after changing the entry.

www.winpatrol.com

Archived