• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

How do I install chrome on my new Win 10 installation.

I did à clean install of windows 10 pro.  I want  to install Google chrome as my primary browser. Edge will not let me down load it. Nor will Google running as a site under Edge allow it. I tried the new Google play store. Again no luck. Finally I tried the off-site static builds Google site thinking maybe I can burn DVD or an ISO. Again no luck. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for both of your responses. I have fixed all of the problems after many Google searches.

I do have a last roadblock. I am trying to install  2016 Office Professional Plus on the same laptop that I was updating  in my previous posts. The laptop is now  Windows 10 Professional version 1709. The Office install stops at about 60% into the setup. It says setup has a problem. I have tried all of the fixes I can find on Google. They all are the same. They say Office is buggy. Their solutions of various reg changes, task scheduler fixes don't work. The Microsoft tech support boards seem unable to solve this problem also. From the number of posts from customers it would appear a lot of people have the same problem. I tried installing Office on my old work PC (which is also Version 1709 but it arrived at 1709 thru Window updates from Microsoft) and it installed fine. 

Is Windows 10 Professional on my laptop the problem?  It is new and it works with every other application just fine.

I could not find any comments on Office 2016 professional  plus on Windows.10 help. If this topic has been discussed could you point me to the discussion.

I do not understand why Microsoft has not the Office addressed this issue and included the fix in their updates.

Microsoft appears not to to really care about home users much anymore. The tragedies posted here about the unintended damage of the Fall update on many users  is really sad. All of these folks seem like Microsoft customers for many years.

Again thanks for your responses. They are appreciated.

• 1 month later...

you could also try Ninite on www.ninite.com

this is a useful multi-installer which installs latest versions and without bloatware. If you wish, you can install either open office or Libreoffice as full office suite of tools compatible with MS Office.

Archived