• Welcome to Windows10Forum.com, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers. Using this forum is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

Click here to Register a free account now and JOIN the discussion!

Sign in to follow this  
gica69

Win 10 won't boot up anymore

I used to have dual boot separate hard drives the win 10 on SSD and the Win 7 on a 500gb. Yesterday I started getting some freezing and when I looked at ctrl alt delete I saw Acresso Soft Manager front and center so I went in win 7 erased some files involving the soft one in Prefetch on in Program Data, restarted and boom win 10 goes to repair. I tied all the chkdisk, diskpart, bootrec, bcdedit tricks in the book. I cannot for the life of me figure this out, and I know it can be done apparently I am set up with an MBR not GPT so no EFI partition. Included is a picture of the Disk Manager setup. Thanks in advance

20180106_203702[1].jpg

@gica69

It looks like you may have done some of these things, but here are a few articles that might help:
https://www.groovypost.com/howto/fix-windows-10-wont-boot-startup-repair-bootrec/

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/bios-uefi-setup-guide-boot-from-cd-dvd-usb-drive-sd-card/

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/fix-windows-10-wont-boot-startup-repair-bootrec/

Are you using Nuance PDF Reader by any chance? 

Let us know if you've made any progress so far

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By willkanoff
      Hi all!
      I have DELL Alienware Aurora R4 machine with three hard drives:
      1.       (Local Disk)C: - (Windows 7) the “original” one that I bought with the computer.
      2.       (OS)D: - (Windows 10 with all updates) the one I’ve added after the “original” started to show signs of degradation.
      3.       (STORE)F: - (no OS) the one I use just to store stuff.
      I’ve had dual boot and everything was hunky-dory until last week the C drive have finally kicked the bucket.
      First the computer refused to shut down until I forced it. And next morning it took more than TWO hours to boot. When I finally got to the window explorer the C drive was still there but I couldn’t access or do anything to it.
      In the old times I could just remove it and set boot priorities in BIOS to boot from drive D. But if I actually remove the dead drive now, the computer says that it has nothing to boot from.

It appears that with UEFI mode enabled
      1.       I don’t see the actual drives in the BIOS (It only shows general source types, like Hard Drive, CD/DVD, etc.) and therefore cannot boot from a particular internal drive.
      2.       I cannot assign Active Partition
      3.       I cannot remove the dead C drive
      So, what the heck am I supposed to do?
      P.S. Could I just buy a new drive, clone the D drive to it, call it C and use the D for something else?

Please, HELP!

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online