• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

NOV. 23, 2017 WINDOWS 10 UPDATE ROYALLY SCREWED UP MY NETGEAR A1200 SETUP

Stephen Weber

My Windows 10 did an update on November 23, 2017, and ever since, I have been having nothing but problems with my Netgear AC1200 wireless network adapter.  I have tried a number of things, even completely uninstalling the Netgear WiFi adapter's driver, and then re-installing it.  I thought I had the problem fixed when I rebooted and there was no more red X, but then, after having the computer in sleep mode for about a day, that stinking red X returned by the WiFi symbol,  I am at a loss for ideas, but know for a fact that the latest Nov. 23, 2017 update caused the problem.  I can't stand having to keep going into the Device Manager and disabling/enabling the WiFi adapter to get the da-n WiFi (sonar) symbol to come back. And then even when it does come back, the Mbps are sh--ty (5-7, if I'm lucky).

Can anyone help me to fix what Microsoft screwed up with their latest [burp]  "UPDATE"    [RASPBERRY]

Disgusting . . . .

• 1 month later...

Archived