• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

How to force stop 1709 upgrade?

awaixjvd

Hi

I tried to upgrade my windows 10 from 1703.15063.674 to 1709.16299.19 through clean install. I ran into horrible horrible horrible scenarios. The FCU (fall creators update) has huge list of glitches everywhere in it and it was so annoying for me to keep using windows without running into issues. I had to search each and every query on forums and Google to see it's solution. It should be a matter of shame for Microsoft releasing such feature updates without any quality checks. I am going to raise a compiled list of issues in 1709 on "feedback hub" shortly.

I am now back on v1703. It's much stable and use-able. I have set the "feature updates" to defer for 180 days and quality updates with no deference. They shall be updated as normal.

Now i want to ask something. I read somewhere on forums or threads (while being on 1709) that Microsoft has removed the "current branch" from updates and users are going to get "Forced" to feature updates, no matter how much we set it to defer. Is it true? And please guide me how to stay on 1703 for at least 4-5 months until 1709 gets addressed properly. Shall i stop updates as according to this link.

I know i will be advised not to stop updates and i myself don't want to. But installing the horrible feature updates is something which i can't do. I don't want to spend hours and hours solving each and every issue with 1709 and then waiting that Microsoft gets them noticed and remove them in next upgrade. To be honest, you also know that Microsoft is not giving a dam on any feedback and some of VERY BASIC issues are still unresolved while they are busy CREATING new issues. I am happy with 1703.

Archived