• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

Hi.

I'm using a Samsung Windows 10. I was updating to the most recent Windows 10 on Wednesday night and stupidly turned off the computer half way. 

Now I'm stuck in a boot loop (screen says it will restore previous version of windows and then restarts itself) or occasionally I end up with a blue screen. The blue screen says... "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you." Stop code: Machine Check Exception. 

This is a new development and happened this morning.

I cannot access safe mode. I can access Aptio Setup Utility, but I don't know what to do when I'm there.

I purchased a Windows 10 repair/recovery disc. But the computer does not recognize it. 

Is there a way to recover my files/desktop/harddrive? Would a harddrive enclosure be the best option for me?

Give the following a try first:

Power on and off your computer three times

On the third time, your computer will boot into the Advanced Recovery environment

Click Advanced Options

Click Troubleshoot

Click Reset this PC

Click Keep my files

Choose your account

Enter your password

Click Continue

Click Reset

If the above does not work, go to a working computer, download, create a bootable copy:

Download Windows 10 ISO Files Directly Using Your Web Browser

Boot from the install media then perform a custom install:

When you arrive at the Windows 10 setup screen, choose Custom (Advanced)

Select the Primary Partition then click Next

You will receive the following warning:

The partition you selected might contain files from a previous Windows Installation. If it does, these files and folders will be moved to a folder named Windows.old. You will be able to access the information in Windows.old, but you will be able to use your previous version of Windows.

Click OK

When setup is complete, you can recover your personal files from the Windows.old folder at the root of the drive.

• 1 month later...
On 2017/10/22 at 11:11 AM, andre said:

Give the following a try first:

Power on and off your computer three times

On the third time, your computer will boot into the Advanced Recovery environment

Click Advanced Options

Click Troubleshoot

Click Reset this PC

Click Keep my files

Choose your account

Enter your password

Click Continue

Click Reset

If the above does not work, go to a working computer, download, create a bootable copy:

Boot from the install media then perform a custom install:

When you arrive at the Windows 10 setup screen, choose Custom (Advanced)

Select the Primary Partition then click Next

You will receive the following warning:

The partition you selected might contain files from a previous Windows Installation. If it does, these files and folders will be moved to a folder named Windows.old. You will be able to access the information in Windows.old, but you will be able to use your previous version of Windows.

Click OK

When setup is complete, you can recover your personal files from the Windows.old folder at the root of the drive.

Good , i am using Dell laptop , (Windows 10 OS),but my computer occasionally has some lock screen status, but i didn't actually do that ,

• 1 month later...

Archived