• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

Cant delete file

Hi Group,

I have a file that I cant delete. Ive tried all the rubbish programs including unlocker. All has failed

The file in trying to delete says its being used by another person or program.

Hope you can help

Thanks

Ray

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi @Serrena Welcome to the forum. Not sure where you're going with your post?Yes some programs share DLL files and as mentioned by @ShockerSH you may not be able to delete them for your own good!;) sfc /scannow is a good way to check your system files for any violations!

On 6/1/2016 at 3:47 PM, ShockerSH said:

Well, depending if the file is a system file or not, yes, it can be hard to delete some files (possibly for your own good).

Hello Ray_UK, if you are sure the file in question is not a necessary system file and you really want to rid your pc of it, make a live linux cd or flash drive, say zorin or puppy, boot to the Linux os, navigate to the file and just nuke it. That will not fail:D

PS: unlocker is not rubbish, just not invincible.

Wow I have never heard using Linux before to nuke a file. I agree unlocker is not rubbish. It's a great software! I also agree that you need to make sure the file is not necessary before you nuke it!:D Team work is a good thing! Thanks @gus ! Would have helped if we had known what file the OP was trying to delete!;)

PS We can only help members if they respond to our replies!;)

Sorry, but I didn't realize how old this thread was, prolly a bit late now?

BTW Just a small point, but the instructions for Unlocker DO tell the user to close ALL running programs before using Unlocker. This can minimize the chance of damage to a running application.FWIW 

Heya friend! You are never to late when you have some thing to add! I learned some thing about Linux tonight that I had never thought of. I use Unlocker myself. Good information about closing all programs before using Unlocker. I responded to this thread because a new member replied on it and I wanted them to feel welcome.

Teamwork is a good thing!

Archived