• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

Are You a Fan of Star Trek?

Brian Burgess

I have been a fan of Trek for years...all of them TOS, TNG, DS9, Voyager, and yes, even Enterprise. What I'm not a fan of is the new JJ movies. However, I will keep an open mind for the upcoming CBS trek series:

http://www.startrek.com/article/new-star-trek-series-premieres-january-2017

Anyway, I cycle through all of the Star Trek Series' throughout the year on Netflix. I have them playing in the background while I am writing articles and what not.

Anyway, I'm curious how many of our gP readers and members of this forum are also Star Trek fans. Hop on in and let us know your thoughts.

56d2b0bd1ce2b_ds9end.gif.c61cce172f1b67a

So yeah - I'm a Star Trek fan however I've not really done any watching other than the Big Screen movies, original series and ST Next Generation. Other than that, I've not watched any of the shows....

What's the best series on Netflix that you would recommend -- considering I have kids who will probably watch with me ages 6-11?

-S

14 minutes ago, Brian said:

The Next Generation or The Original Series -- Voyager is fun and more light-hearted, too. Not sure if The Borg would scare them though? Deep Space 9 is much more adult orientated...Enterprise, too.

51o-UDtHimL._SX940_.jpg

Got it!

Ya know, thinking on it, I have watched a few of these. OK will give them a spin. Catch up.

Oh dude, you of all people should know how important Star Trek is with its relationship to technology. Look at the shows, and sooo many things have come true:

Communicator & Tricorder -  Cell Phone

Medical Tricorder - Fitness bands

Kindles, iPads, and other tablets! Fingerprint scanning when you purchased something from Quark in DS9, Video calling....etc...etc.

Trek RULES man. There's an entire universe you're missing out on. 

On 3/2/2016 at 0:54 AM, Brian said:

Trek RULES man. There's an entire universe you're missing out on. 

LOL Time baby, I don't have Time! But yeah, the kids love this stuff.

Plus... I like to read... Reading books is probably how I waste time the most... Well, I guess technically, reading is pretty important so scratch that. ;)

Archived