• Welcome to Windows10Forum.com, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers. Using this forum is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

Click here to Register a free account now and JOIN the discussion!

geroba

Cortana search stops at start page

When I type a search term into Cortana it goes to start page but search box in start page remains blank. .If I type it again in Cortana it searches properly and adds the search term to the start page. I've tried using   IE and Edge.  Same results.  I set in my default settings so it would use Bing, same results. Problem started about 3 weeks ago.  Win 10 security updates and upgrades are current. I have another win 10 laptop with exact same configuration and it works fine. Sometimes when I click a pinned icon in my start menu the same malfunctions happens, it goes to start page and stops.  If I click on the icon a second time it works fine. Help appreciated. 

Geroba

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By SuperBob
      This is a problem I have had since day 1 of upgrading to Windows 10 (August 2015). Cortana thinks she's my wie and totally ignores me! That's not strictly true - if I press the mike button then say "Hey Cortana" she can be quite helpful. If I DON'T press the mike key first then she is deaf to all my pleas including "Hey Cortana" and ess complimentary statements. I have always assumed this is just the stupid way things are and that everybody had to go through both steps. Brian has just informed me this is not so and directed me here to seek help.
      I have checked that "Hey Cortana2 is enabled - it is. My microphone works perfectly well ((including for Cortana once I have clicked the mike. She then pays attention until I stop asking questions for more than about five seconds. If I have to press the mike key every time I need her to listen it seems rather pointless having to say "Hey Cortana" as well. Anybody got any suggestions as to what I might have missed/done wrong? Thanks for any help.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online