• Welcome to Windows10Forum.com, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers. Using this forum is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

Click here to Register a free account now and JOIN the discussion!

Sign in to follow this  
Kem England

Login password after upgrade to 1803 not recognized

I installed the update from 1709 to 1803 yesterday and have been unable to get windows login to recognize my password. I tried entering older passwords for window with no success. If I click on the 'accessibility' icon to use the onscreen keyboard, the screen freezes and  have to reboot.

System currently unusable, this from my laptop. Also: I have the HP EliteDesk and had been having trouble booting to BIOS for months now. Not part of the current problem.

Unfortunately, I made a recovery disk a few months ago, but after cleanup, I am unable to find it. 

Any ideas about where I go from here?

Kem England

As a follow-up, the boot up to the login screen takes an extraordinarily long time with the busy circle on a blue screen taking up to 15 minutes to get to the login screen, where the password is not accepted.

On 6/6/2018 at 12:51 PM, Kem England said:

I tried entering older passwords for window with no success. If I click on the 'accessibility' icon to use the onscreen keyboard, the screen freezes and  have to reboot.

Hi Kem,

Is this a local account of a Microsoft account?