• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

W10 update kb4100403

Hello, don't know if this has been covered but I have a problem. After W10 downloaded and installed update kb4100403 my system has become almost unusable.  Immediately after the update my system became extremely slow, I had problems with WIFI, my anti virus apps and the icons on the task bar and desktop frequently go away and come back. Has anyone one else seen this behavior? I have an old computer but it was running fine before the update occurred. I have done some research but haven't found my particular problem. Can anyone help me get back to a reasonable running system? Thanks.

Get a new computer, That's probably the only way to get a smoothly running computer. new updates and software puts constant strain on older hardware that while great when they were brand new, are ultimately baby toys with modern software. if you want to use your old computer then I suggest you not use windows 10 as it will just continue to ruin your computer, and switch back to windows 7 which is much easier to handle on an older computer. While its not as flashy and constantly improved upon, it is good enough for the basics of what you need to run your computer

Thanks  for the suggestion richboy162. My problem there is that I haven't worked in 6 years and can't afford a new computer at this time. I did a full install of W10 from Vista. Maybe in the near future when my social security kicks I in a couple of months. Working in IT for 30+ years some of it doing system builds and maintenance I know that some updates cause new problems. As stated in my post W10 was running fine until the last update. Checking the system event logs I found errors about policy and authorization. Do you know if they made policy changes in the update? Thanks for any help.

My home computer just spent 3.5 h trying to update to 1803 and then eventually went back to 16299, an older version than what I had before the "update". One of my work computers went through the "update" and eventually reverted to 17134. My other work computer thankfully hasn't discovered the "update" yet. Microsoft obviously cares very little for its customers to release such garbage.

Hey cajon 1. At this point I have to agree with you that this version is junk. I tried doing an uninstall of kb4100403 to see if that update was really the problem but windows just installed it again at restart. I found an article online from a reporter from Forbes that said his source at Microsoft said that they have received a lot of problems with this update which was pushed out faster than normal and they are working on another update that they hope to push out soon. Hope it fixes my problem and comes out soon.

Hi Brian. As I mentioned in my reply to cajon 1, I tried to do an uninstall of the update but when my computer restarted it installed that update again. I read an article that said that w10 by default does not create restore points and he was right so I turned that on. My previous version of windows that I was using was Vista. Don't really want to go back to that as it is unsupported. I guess that because the update was downloaded already that it just reinstalled again.

Archived