• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

Questions about sizing and arranging icons

nopeda

In the old days you could go to any folder and select Help and it would tell you "About Windows" and you could bring up the start menu, right click on My Computer, select Properties... (that's all just basic stuff about trying to figure out exactly what version...)

Now I'm trying to learn about Windows 10 and would like to be able to have small icons in all folders since the new medium icons are so much bigger than "Icons" used to be, and just align them to grid so they can be placed wherever I want to put them. Is that impossible with Windows 10? Or is there some simple way of arranging them the way we want to that I've been too stupid to figure out? When I select small icons it puts them in 2 verticle rows and I want them placed horizontally so I can move them wherever I want to and just have them snap to the grid. And have it that way in all folders. Is that too much to ask of Windows 10?

Thank you for any help with this!
David

2 hours ago, Brian Burgess said:

@nopeda You can right-click the desktop and go to View and from the menu, you have different resizing options.

5ac2b7336bc35_viewiconsdesktop.jpg.654d6c58ed498505f23b6251bf2afdb5.jpg

For more details and other options in Windows 10 check out our article: https://www.groovypost.com/howto/increase-decrease-size-icons-windows-10/

Hope this helps!

The desktop works fine for me. Is there a way to get folder icons to be the size and to behave like the desktop icons?

On 4/2/2018 at 9:35 PM, nopeda said:

The desktop works fine for me. Is there a way to get folder icons to be the size and to behave like the desktop icons?

Still trying to find out how and getting convinced it's not possible. It was easy in XP. Why do they deliberately make things worse? That's what I'm trying to find out now. Maybe a Google search of that question would provide the answer...

Archived