• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

Windows 10 is Slow after Upgrade

Jakester

Since Windows 10 upgrade from 8, I have had problems restarting my PC. I hardly ever shut it off, but lost power one day and it took hours for it to come back up - the HD light just sits and flashes. I've tried a number of FAQ suggested fixes, which seemed to make it worse, such as the latest group of W10 updates. Then I saw a tip to update all the Lenovo drivers, which I did and now it won't come up at all - have left it for days now, and the HD light just sits and flashes, about once per second. A HW tech who works at Dell suggested a new battery, which I replaced, no change to the problem. Any suggestions?

@Jakester 

2 hours ago, Jakester said:

I hardly ever shut it off, but lost power one day and it took hours for it to come back up - the HD light just sits and flashes

So it sounds like it's a laptop. When you lost power, a number of issues could have resulted including damaging your Hard Drive, Motherboard, Power Supply, Video Card. 

So - when you hard reboot the laptop, what happens? Can you see video? Perhaps the Lenovo logo pop? Can you see the Windows Logo start to boot it? 

It is a Lenovo desktop - it won't do anything when I power it up except the HD light flashes at me - if I leave it flashing overnight it would come back up and be normal. Since the latest W 10 updates, it won't even do that. ( The battery I was told to replace is a 2032 on the motherboard, but that didn't fix it.) - what do you mean by a hard reboot? It doesn't get to where i can use safe mode.

Archived