• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

Start Menu tab missing in "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties

fastartcee

Just bought new Dell All-In-One and immediately upgraded to Win10, but my Start Screen is not set up right.

Instructions say, "Right click on open area in Taskbar and choose 'Properties'", but when I try that I get a dialog box with only three tabs, and no "Start Menu". Mine looks like this:

xtxxvzlybtjj.png

So how do I correct this?

Thanks.

When you right-click the Taskbar and select Properties...that is all you will have in that Window. So, that is what everyone will see...unless you have multiple displays.

So you have no Start menu? or are you trying to get a Start screen? To get that you need to select Tablet Mode from the Action Center. But you won't have that option on a traditional PC...2-in-1 touchscreen computers yes.

We need more info. What is it you're trying to do exactly?

• 1 month later...
Guest CaliChris

He is talking about the StartMenu tab in the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties window. It used to be there with the beta but in Microsoft's infinite idiocy they decided to just remove that entire tab locking out it's users from settings they want. Microsoft has made one moronic decision after another with Windows 8 and now 10. When will they just give their users what they want before they lose them all?

Archived