• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

Intel HD Graphic 530 provoking BSOD

Hello,

While working, some updates where installed the 01.04.2020 at approx. 15:30 (GMT+1) in the background and provoked a BSOD. Since then Windows 10 boots up to the waiting bubbles and instead of the connexion windows, the screen remains black. (can hear the narrator at this point after some combination of keys)

I was able to boot in safe mode and can boot normally if I uninstall the intel HD Graphic 530 in display adapter.  Resolution is those 800x600 so can't work with these parameters. The Microsoft basic adapter is then enabled. I do have a graphic card ATI Radeon, PC is HP Pavilion - 550-267nz.

I've tried to do a clean install on windows 10 but at some stage, windows 10 is updating the system and BSOD again.... Using DDU permits to uninstall the device adapter thus enable a normal startup but with coarse video output resolution.

Is someone experiencing the same issue ? How to prevent installing an unstable update provoking display adapter instability ?

Need some fix rapidly because I am working at home and during this crisis no IT shop are open....

Thanks in advance

Flo

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Utilize the Windows keys Win +X, > select Device Manager from the List.
Now, expand the device entries > find out the exact driver that causes an error.
Then, right click on the device > select Update Driver Software. Or else you can also Uninstall the driver and reinstall it from the Microsoft official website.

Greetings,
Jimmy