• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

ok, let me ask this...

when i used  media creation tool to install new windows 10 while at 1%  when it first started to run it stayed at 1% for probably 6 or 7 minutes with the little circle of dots spinning. i looked up at the screen and that had stopped turning, still at 1%. i did some other things and checked on it a minute or two later, same thing. i had an e machine once did this during system restore and i got worried about it and hit cancel. nothing, i couldn't click anything. i pushed power on my pc holding it in and my screen went black. i waited a few then rebooted and it came back on the same, frozen. i repeated that move and let it sit once off a few minutes more and turned back on and it opened normally. so if i run that media creator again or anything that is doing an install on here and it freezes at maybe 40% or more what do i do? i feel like at that point it may not reopen again, what should i do? will anyone answer here? please?

• 2 months later...