• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

Unable to Boot to BIOS Menu on Toshiba Laptop

Hello there

I have an issue with not being able to boot my Toshiba Laptop to a repair DVD or a USB recovery drive.  I have recently created both from the laptop and am trying to test them.

I am unable to get the laptop to boot into the BIOS menu.

I have tried the following:

·         All the functions keys (F1 to F12), plus the “Esc” and “Del” keys.

·         Clicking off “Turn off fast start-up (recommended)” in Power Options.

·         Rebooting from “EFI Usb Device” and “EFI DVD\CDRom” (Settings\Update & Security\Recovery\Advanced start-up\Restart now\Use a Device)

None of these have any effect – the laptop always just boots into Windows 10 as normal.

It is a Toshiba Satellite L50-C-20M.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Geoff Olding

In the end I realised it was an issue with the "Fn" key - I was using the "Fn" key along with the "F2" key, however I had mapped the "Fn" key to the "Ctl" key ages ago using SharpKeys because of another issue I was having (which seems to have gone away).  I removed the mapping in SharpKeys, downloaded a utility called "HWSetup" to allow me to use the function keys on their own, and I can now boot to the BIOS menu by just pressing F2.

• 2 weeks later...