• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

How to uninstall windows 10 upgrade assistant?

Hi

I have windows 10 1703.15063.966 which is latest in 1703. I have set the options for update as "current branch for business" and set to defer the feature update for 365 days. I don't like 1709 at all due to many reasons and want to stay with 1703 as long as possible until 1803 comes out. I simply have a big NO for 1709.

With "current branch for business" and defer feature updates to 365 days, i am still getting an annoying software installed itself. I have attached the pictures. It is windows 10 upgrade assistant which pops up every time i boot windows (and doesn't let me take screenshot) with just two buttons either to continue or to do it later. I always press do it later option. I tried uninstalling the windows 10 upgrade assistant but it gets installed again itself. 

I want some solution for this. When there is option to set current branch for business and defer feature updates for 365 days, then why i am being pinched for updating to 1709. I am too much annoyed with it and thinking that i seriously go back to windows 7. Windows 10 is a free pain.

2018-03-20 11 56 09.jpg

2018-03-20 11 58 52.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

That's another reason for not liking windows 10 as well because sometimes the errors and problems which are created by windows 10 are totally unknown and seen first time, So no one knows what to do about it. I reverted back to windows 7 and i am now very happy that i returned back. 

Windows 10 is such an OS, which is like this:

You turn on your computer and BE SURE that windows will create strange issues, ranging from software to hardware and first you will be forced to search it on Google, solve them and THEN try to remember for what work you turned on your computer and then you can do that work with half of enthusiasm lost because of solving the shits of windows.

Archived