• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

Activation of Windows 10 after changing Motherboard

MightyMic

I was among the first to be offered the option of upgrading to Windows 10 from the version I was using, and waited for months to finally receive the product.  I like it and am enjoying the many functions of it. My computer failed yesterday and required having an identical motherboard installed. Now that this is a different motherboard my Windows 10 requires a re-activation.  I have read the instructions on the self serve portions of the site, but failed to complete getting Windows 10 reactivated.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank You Steve and others who have given great advice and made appropriate suggestions.  | did contact them and they had one heck of a time getting a # generated for re-activation of my legitimate product. Being in Canada added to the mystery as it would not accept either an American or Canadian generated Key. I was extremely pleased with the service over the phone I did receive, even though it took about an hour, it was finally and completely resolved. The Windows 10 Version I was using was the original issue offered for free for long time users, so it was a mystery to them why they could not make it accept any keys?

We are up and running better than we were the day before. 

Thanks Again for the quick and good answers to my posted question.

• 5 months later...

Archived