• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

password vault

due to injury I don't have a good memory any longer. I purchased Norton internet security and love the password vault as I just have to load 1 password to log into it and if I wish it will fill log in info to the sights I visit. Norton wont install on win 10 I accept that, just wish perhaps windows dev could perhaps study the vault and incorporate into the browser for those who suffered an injury. simply you would have to inpute a password to start it then it would record the password and sighn in info for websites you visit if you allow that, and then upon revisit it auto fills them no need to try and remember all the damn stuff and get blocked for to many log in attemps!

That is a great idea, and I think if I understand what you're looking for correctly, Microsoft is working on something like that, called "Hello" and "Passport" it's biometric security. And essentially you would scan your finger print or use facial recognition to log in to Windows 10, then from that point on, you just go about your computing business online. Once you're the authenticated owner of that machine...you can just go to whatever site that requires a log in and you're good to go...no passwords or password manager needed.

You can read more about it here:

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/03/17/making-windows-10-more-personal-and-more-secure-with-windows-hello/

Archived