• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

Updates missing

Wickiwiz

My last updates for W10 was 11th Sept on settings history page, and 13th Sept on control panel view updates. I have downloaded W10 Creators again, (I think it worked) I have 1703 installed. Having this on this laptop and my PC tower. Have spent many frustrating hours online with the very helpful chat line agents, also been worrying people on the MS Community. Trouble is, I do not speak computer. After the many updates received since W10 I cannot believe that they have not issued any all this time. I do always get the message that there are no updates available each time boogt up.

On 10/1/2017 at 6:47 AM, Wickiwiz said:

After the many updates received since W10 I cannot believe that they have not issued any all this time

You should at least be getting new Defender updates.

Goto: Settings > Update & Security > Update History.

What're the latest updates you've had?

That said, my last update from MS was the Sept. 2017 Cumulative Update 1703 (KB4040724), excluding the defender updates which won't show up in the Update history. Do you have this update?

The last update installed successfully was kb4038788 on 13thSept.

Update received on 18thSEpt was kb4022730  Failed to  install

Update received 18 Sept Was kb4032188 Failed to install.

Settings/update page shows "checked for updates at 21.24, my device is up to date.

Hi. Went to the updates as you said, but  do not know what to do about that. I then had a virtual assistant who gave a link to download the update trouble shooter, which I did. Can't find that either,!!!!

Just did the trouble shooter download again, saved to downloads. Tried to rub it and have message saying the file could not be downloaded. \is this a clue? Is my download equipment duff?

Archived