• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

Laptop power button and sleep settings

Hi all,

I have a Lenovo W510 laptop with Windows 10 Professional. I see in the power settings that I can configure the power button to put the laptop to sleep when pressed. I have it configured as such but when I press the power button, nothing happens. If I manually put the laptop to sleep via the start menu, it sleeps fine.

Am I missing something obvious?

You might want to check out our Windows 10 Shutdown, Sleep and Hibernate Roundup article:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/windows-10-shutdown-restart-hibernate-and-sleep-roundup/

Also, with Lenovo's...they often come with proprietary software settings for the device. Check to see if there is one for power settings as it might be interfering with the native Windows settings.

Archived