• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

can't access anything when my SSD is plugged-in

Hi guys. I have a mysterious problem! I restarted my PC when windows 10 recent update got stuck on 30%. Now I can't access anything. When my SSD hard drive (which is my windows drive) is plugged-in, windows will freeze in loading period and I can't even try safe mode or anything. I even put windows 10 DVD to repair the problem. But while my SSD is connected, loading of the DVD will also freeze on a black screen before any of installation process comes up. It's really prevented me to do anything. Does anyone has any idea? I really need to fix this ASAP.

• 2 weeks later...

Could you clarify for me, do you have just the SSD as your main drive or do you have a mechanical hard disk in addition to the SSD installed?

If you have both, disconnect the SSD then reinstall Windows 10 if that is what you are attempting to do, then reattach the SSD after setup is complete.

Archived