• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

start menu

jabo

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 0:36 PM, allheart55 (Cindy E) said:

Hello jabo and Welcome to windows10.help.

You need to change the settings.

Go to Settings > Personalization > Start

Make sure that you turn Start - Full Screen to Off as well as Show Most Used Apps and Recently Added Apps.

Thanks, all is well.

jabo

:x

I was able to hide the tiles, but now the black start box is filled with files/folders until I click the EXPAND on the top left and it changes to a smaller box which has the POWER and just a few others, which is what I prefer when I start or shut down..........is it possible to keep the latter ranther than have to toggle between?????

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 5:08 PM, jabo said:

:x

I was able to hide the tiles, but now the black start box is filled with files/folders until I click the EXPAND on the top left and it changes to a smaller box which has the POWER and just a few others, which is what I prefer when I start or shut down..........is it possible to keep the latter ranther than have to toggle between?????

I still need answer for this last post.

Archived