• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

Will I be able to use Live Mail with Win 10?

Guest areacode270

Guest areacode270

Will I be able to use Live Mail after I update to Win 10 from Win 7?  Will I be able to save all my email messages (recd and sent) from my current Live Mail?

Yes. You can install it and it works...However, because Outlook.com is rolling out to everyone, and is built on the foundation of Office 365, it will soon no longer be supported.

Microsoft recommends you use the Windows 10 Mail app instead. You can read more at the following article:

http://www.groovypost.com/news/windows-live-mail-will-no-longer-support-outlook-com/

Guest areacode270

Thanks Brian.   Will my saved email messages in my Live Mail inbox and sent folder disappear, or will they stay where they are right now.  What happens to my current Live Mail program when I update to Win 10?.  Does it continue on from where it was, or does it start all over with no email messages in the inbox or sent folder? 

• 4 weeks later...

To : areacode270

If you do the upgrade to Windows 10 either through Windows Update or using an iso file to do an In-place Upgrade Install, all your files, settings and apps are left untouched. That also applies to your WLM. Nothing will be changed or removed from your WLM.
There is nothing to worry about.

Archived