• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

gmail on Win 10 not working

rglynn

Two of my 3 gmail accounts work fine on my Win10 PC (OS installed yesterday without my specific consent - 'over' Win 8.1).  My 'third' gmail account WILL NOT OPEN (not synced - whatever that is). (On my other [Win 7] PC, this same gmail account works fine; while a different gmail account is the one that won't open).    Have tried all 'settings' options that were mentioned online, etc (everything seemed to be set up "OK" when I checked). This problem had been noted/ reported online as a problem circa July 2015.  My Win 10 is up to date. 

Hello,

You may probably want to re-configure Gmail with Windows 10.

Setup Windows 10 Mail App

Launch the mail app and click the gear icon in the lower left corner, and go to Settings > Accounts.

sshot-1

Next you’ll see the email you use for your Microsoft Account to log in – click Add Account.

Mail App Windows 10

That brings up a list of the most popular email services. Click the one you want to add…in this case I am adding a Gmail account.

sshot-3

That brings up the Google login screen – enter your account and password.

sshot-4

If you have Google Two-Factor Authentication enabled – and everyone should be using it, wait for your confirmation code and verify your account.

sshot-5

Accept the agreement of what the Mail app will need to access from your account.

sshot-6

That’s it! Now you will have your Gmail account available in the Mail app. Your inbox will sync, and you are good to go.

Inbox Mail App Windows 10

Regards,

Edward

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...