• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

Pin Control Panel or Other Items to Windows 10 Start Menu

Control Panel is still there in Windows 10, and there are different ways to get to it, but hey, since the Start menu is back, why not add it there? In fact, you can easily add several different locations to the Start menu like Default Programs, Homegroup, Music, PC Settings, and more.

To add items right-click the Taskbar and select Properties. Then select the Start menu tab and click the Customize button.

v01l8oaqiy54.png

Then select Control Panel at the top of the list, as well as any other items or locations you want added to the Start menu.

s1gq4td6u6xo.png

Click OK and you'll see results similar to the shot below. I checked additional items for this demonstration.

u3po5ejnx171.png

Note that these items will appear in the left list. If you want a Modern-style tile for the Control Panel or other items, open the Start menu and start typing the thing you're looking for - in this case it's "control panel" and when you see the item appear in the results, right-click on it and select Pin to Start.

dk2mw15jbzc1.png

That's it! Hope this helps.

cjdbg6lzjd4o.png

• 10 months later...

I have no Start Menu tab in the Taskbar properties in my version of Windows 10. How do I access the Start Menu settings? I am primarily trying to figure out how to make changes on the left Start Menu to add/delete folders, move program shortcuts around, etc. Suggestions?

cjs

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...