• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

Windows 10 clean install after BSOD

This is the sad tale of my experience since updating to win10 after having used tech preview for months. For background, my dell Inspiron 1545 was running W7 Home when I joined the insider program and created a hdd partition to test tech preview builds. I successfully used TP's with no significant issues (never had any issues with new build downloads) so I felt comfortable with upgrading to W10 when it launched. W10 Downloaded successfully to my C drive on 7/29 (upgrading W7) and worked without issue until the evening of 8/13 when I was greeted with the BSOD and an error msg stating my PC had experienced a problem and needed to reboot, which it did continuously until I shut it down. After try to restart or find a solution, I decided to do a clean install since I could not overcome the reboot loop. I did a clean install on 8/15 and thought I was home free only to be greeted the morning of 8/16 with a machine running slow as molasses, not able to open any apps, essentially useless. I have tried all day today to find a solution to no avail. I expect I will have to revert back to W7 and hope I can at least get a functioning machine. Just can't believe this once promising software could reek such havoc....way to go MS!!!!!!!

i am facing the same problem daily on startup. i am greeted with BSOD critical_process_died. After rebooting it, windows are loaded smoothly. This problem started after two weeks of upgrading to win 10. Done all tricks ie: checking HDD health, running Bitdefender, antimalware byte, uninstalling certain programes but to avail. I am on sony SVE laptop core i5 previously running win 8 pro. Has any dude have some solution

• 10 months later...

Archived