• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

Emailing within Edge

Guest cjm

While I understand the "why" Microsoft wants users to sign in when using say Edge, as part of my upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10, I find that I am not able to email while running Edge. In windows 7 I enjoyed being able to email something of interest to others using my default email client (in my case thunderbird). Is there a way to have Edge use my local email client rather than forcing me to use my Microsoft email address? My local email client already has all of my contacts present - where my on line one does not. I really don't care to put all of my email contacts on my Microsoft email account.

The other reason why I would like to use my local email client is for some reason even when I do use my Microsoft Email on line account, sending emails from this on line accounts "fail".

Thanks.

Yes Thunderbird is my default program when I operate from the Desktop. It is only when I open Edge and want to "share" say a web page - Edge is defaults to the email address associated with and opens Outlook.com instead of Thunderbird on my local computer.

Archived