• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

My CD Rom/DVD writer "disappeared" from my PC after upgrading to W10. Any sugestions to solution?

Guest gmorag

Guest gmorag

My CD Rom/DVD writer "disappeared" from my PC after upgrading to W10. Instead a floppy disk driver appeared (I don't have one...).

A technician told me to install a new driver for the CD Rom, but there is not a driver for W10. any suggestions?

Guest gmorag

I did. The CD rom is not in the Device Manager anymore and there is no driver available for W10.

As far as I know I'm not the only one with the problem. Many people have the same problem after upgrading to W10.

The bug should be in the upgrading program. I think Microsoft should provide a solution but I don't know how to reach them to get a support...