• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

Install Help

I'm having problems getting Windows 10 to finish out its install...Microsoft tech support has not been much help...i've tried installing Windows 10 three separate times, with the same result...it hangs up at a certain point and does not finish the install...the laptop just sits on a blank page in limbo...hard drive doing nothing...have waited as long as 12 hrs to see if something was going to happen...nothing. I have checked the hard drive for errors...unloaded anti-virus SW...have plenty of space on the hard drive...nothing has corrected the issue. Each time it's failed it's been a nightmare to get it back to Windows 8.1...Anybody got any advice?

HP 15 Notebook PC - Windows 8.1 - 64-bit

I would disable the antivirus utility you're running. Third-party security utilities can break a lot of stuff.

Which one are you using/ You say you unloaded it, but are all pieces of it gone.

Also, you're doing an upgrade and not a clean install? Also, make sure you have all of the updates for Windows 8.1 which includes Update 1

http://www.groovypost.com/unplugged/windows-8-1-update-1/

Make sure you keep your important data backed up while troubleshooting the issue, and to make reverting back to 8.1 easier, create a Recovery Drive.

http://www.groovypost.com/howto/windows-8-recovery-flash-drive/

Archived