• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

accounts not syncing

what am I missing? I have a few gmail accounts and added all the info at the start. the emails pulled in once but have not continued to do so. emails from outlook as tests dont come through. also my calendar hasnt synced at all and is still empty.

Guest MarinaL

Hi I have a similar issue. My email has synced on Windows10 as well as on my smartphone - however the Calendar has not. My calendar is more important than access to my emails.

Make sure to check any settings if you're running any third-party security programs...Norton, AVG...etc.

Several users have reported that those programs...especially AVG and AVAST are blocking Mail from syncing correctly.

Remember, Windows 10 has a built-in antivirus / anti-malware protection with Windows Defender...and of course the Windows Firewall. If you run to much security software, it's notorious for breaking things.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. Great forum. I have just downloaded W10. Mostly going well. However whilst I have synced my yahoo email address, it doesnt give me an option to sync my yahoo calendar. Any ideas??

Hi. Great forum. I have just downloaded W10. Mostly going well. However whilst I have synced my yahoo email address, it doesnt give me an option to sync my yahoo calendar. Any ideas??

Interesting, you can't get the Yahoo Calendar to sync? It have had no issues with it syncing Google or Outlook calendars. I will check out Yahoo though and see what happens.

I can also sync google no problems. Its just Yahoo. i cannot quite understand why I can go ahead with email but not the calendar. Very curious aobut your experiment...

• 1 month later...
Guest Moazzam

I am unable to add gmail account to windows 10 mail despite numerous attempts. I tried regsvr32 method, sfc scannow method, and resetting explorer.

When I click google under accounts list, it gives error code 0x800c0005

Please help

• 1 month later...
Guest snapper222

I am having the same problem. All emails including gmail, hotmail & yahoo have synced without any issues but I cannot sync yahoo calendar. Every time I try to set it up it says that the account already exist - but that is only the mail & not the calendar. Very frustrating ,,,,,,,,,,,

• 1 month later...

Archived