• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

Exclamation mark next to drive C

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From what I have experienced, I think the problem was regarding its security, or a bug post update. The yellow exclamation mark on Windows drives often appears when the drive capacity is low, but if you are installing Windows 10, the possible cause is that Bitlocker drive encryption is turned off. Some users said they had this error after updating Windows 10 several times without success.

For other people who face the same issue, follow these steps to resolve it under a minute.

1. Enter PowerShell in the search box.
  2. Right-click PowerShell in the search results and select Run As Administrator .
  3. The PowerPoint window will appear.
  4. You enter the Get-BitLockerVolume command
  5. The list of Bitlocker drives will be displayed. Notice that Protection Status is Off . Now we just need to turn it on.
  6. Enter the Resume-BitLocker -MountPoint command 'C:' (or if the drive is yellowed not C, you replace C with the drive letter listed in the list above).
  7. You will see Protection Status is now On. Open My Computer and see if the yellow exclamation mark on the drive disappears.

I Hope This Helps You Out!

Edited by jake_paul