• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

another ISO question

Guest vjackerman

Guest vjackerman

Well, I successfully downloaded the ISO yesterday, but basically it is a new install ISO. (it does save the windows.old, but all apps are gone). Is there going to be an upgrade only ISO, where a existing PC with an OS can be "upgraded" (saving all the apps and their installations)? This morning I am trying the exe that microsoft put out yesterday - MediaCreationToolx64.exe, which downloads and allows a creation of the "new install" ISO only, AND has an option for upgrading the existing PC it is executed on. Anyone? is there going to be a "upgrade" iso, if you know? Thanks, and this is a great forum, BTW!

Guest vjackerman

And I guess maybe the only way to do an in place upgrade might be the Media Creation Tool x64? I am starting to think that is the only way? My new install via DVD yesterday wouldn't accept any product keys, neither my Win 8.1 purchase key, nor any other that I tried, even after Win 10 was up and running. And this PC was a "register for free windows 10 update" machine about a month ago.

Archived