• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

Preload Files on my Windows boxes

Guest vjackerman

Guest vjackerman

Well, I guess it will be just waiting time for me here in Colorado, and I was one of the windows insiders.

My win8.1 machine doesn't have the $Windows.~BT folder, but my Win7 machine does, but only with minimal files. Interesting - the date of the folder is July 10th. See attached. znrhonranuw3.jpg

Microsoft is rolling the update out in waves. Don't panic if you don't have the upgrade message yet. You're on the list. It will come. If MS opened the faucet Wide open, there would be chaos. It already reserved up to 40 Tbps with all of the major Content Delivery Networks (CDNs) Which is MASSIVE. To put it into perspective, Apple only reserves 8Tbps when it has an update

Guest vjackerman

I downloaded the 64 bit ISO, and will be dealing (or maybe not) the product key, as it won't take my Windows 8.1 key that came with the laptop. Does anyone have any insight on the product key when doing a format of the hard disk during install, or the "upgrade" that I am doing on my 8.1 laptop? I have did the "skip" option two or three times now.... Anyone?